I’m sorry that this post isn’t a poem, but I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Gabriel to Earth and I think it’s only fair to participate. So, first of all thank you Gabriel for the nomination and for the kind comments about my blog.
I must follow these rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
- Nominate about 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
Seven things about me:
- I am currently in college working towards a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education.
- I am the oldest of five children. There are sixteen years between me and my youngest brother.
- My best writing ideas come to me when I have nothing to write them down on.
- I have eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch almost everyday for the past eight years.
- I love photography. My high school had one of the best dark rooms in my county and I seriously miss working in it.
- The last book I read was William Faulkner’s As I Lay Dying.
- My two biggest fears are riding on escalators and dead fish.
I started this blog just a few weeks ago, so I don’t know enough bloggers to nominate 15. I do know a few who definitely deserve a nomination for their admirable writing and insightful comments.
Crumpled Paper Cranes was one of my first followers and comment posters. Her writing is unlike anything I have seen on any other blog, simple, profound, and beautiful.
Sara Sally Davis for her powerful and sometimes provocative poems, as well as her kind comments.
The Big House and Other Stories for his incredible poetry and prose, and his insightful and encouraging comments.
ohellino because the writing here is so self-aware and entertaining.
The Migraine Chronicles because even though much of the poetry here is about love, it manages to be incredibly powerful and avoid the usual tropes .
This was fun to do and it always feels good to share how much I enjoy some other bloggers’ sites.